This lightly fried turkey breast cutlet recipe (cotoletta di tacchino) is so delicious and it’s ready in just 20 minutes. These white meat cutlets are perfect for making crispy turkey sandwiches, turkey wraps, or eaten all by themselves dipped in your favorite sauce with a side of fries or homemade potato chips (they’re even delicious sliced and added to homemade Japanese tonkotsu ramen).
Why We Love This Turkey Cutlet Recipe
- They’re super crispy-crunchy
- It uses all-white meat
- They’re a great alternative to more expensive chicken breast cutlets
- They make a fuss-free meal every time because both kiddos and adults love it
- Ready in 20 minutes from start to finish
- They fill any fast-food craving you may be having, but you know exactly what you’re eating
Crispy Shallow-Fried Turkey Breast Cutlets Ingredients
These delicious turkey cutlets are so satisfying especially if you’re craving fast food, but are trying to eat a little healthier. You can use whole wheat flour and whole wheat Panko bread crumbs and even cook them in an air fryer to make them a little healthier (and you can’t taste any difference.)
- turkey breast cutlets
- plain Japanese panko bread crumbs (or favorite breadcrumbs)
- grapeseed oil (or another neutral oil) for frying
How to Make Crispy Turkey Breast Cutlets
- Set up the breading station. In a medium bowl, add the eggs and whisk well to combine and set aside. In a separate shallow bowl, add the flour and set aside. In a third shallow bowl, add the Panko bread crumbs (or regular bread crumbs) and set aside.
- Bread the turkey (1. flour 2. eggwash 3. breadcrumbs). Working with one piece of turkey at a time, dip each piece into the flour being sure to cover the entire surface on all sides, and gently tap off any excess flour and slide it into the eggwash. Turn the turkey over to completely coat and tap it gently on the side of the bowl to remove any excess eggwash. Add the turkey to the bread crumbs and using your “dry hand”, turn the turkey over to coat all sides pressing down each time to ensure good coverage. Place the breaded turkey onto a platter and repeat with the remaining pieces.
- Fry the turkey. Add about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of extra virgin olive oil or neutral cooking oil to a cast-iron or other heavy-bottomed skillet and heat over medium-high. Once the oil is hot (but not smoking), working in batches, gently place the turkey pieces into the pan in a single layer (being sure not to overcrowd them), season with salt, and fry until golden brown on the first side. Flip them over, salt them again and continue cooking (checking periodically with tongs for color) until golden brown and cooked through. Remove them to a paper towel-lined plate, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Easy Turkey Breast Cutlets step-by-step recipe photos
A Few Tasty ways to Enjoy this Delicious Crispy Turkey Breast Recipe
I’m sure if you’re here, you already know just how you want to eat this turkey breast, but we’ve given you a few ideas below just in case. And if you’re looking to add some extra Italian flavor to your crispy turkey check out our Basil-Parm Panko-Crusted Chicken Cutlets for some herbaceous inspiration.
- drizzled with your favorite béchamel sauce
- serve it for breakfast with pancakes, waffles) and eggs
- make an omellete
- make a crispy turkey sandwich/burger
- slice it and serve it on top of a bed of your favorite salad greens
- slice it and put it in a wrap with lettuce, tomatoes, and your favorite dressing
- make turkey parmesan covered with tomato sauce, and melted mozzarella and Parmigiano cheese
Want a Few Good Turkey or Chicken Recipes?
If you’re a fan of inexpensive turkey and chicken dinners, below are a few of our favorites we think you may enjoy.
- Chinese Takeout Chicken & Vegetable Stir-Fry w/Glass Noodles
- Best Ever Chicken and Pork Meatballs (with Chicken-only Option)
- Easy Thai Coconut Lemongrass Blackened Chicken
- Basil Parmesan Panko-Crusted Chicken Breast
- Best Ever Chicken Dumplings Recipe (Plump & Juicy Jiaozi)
- Extra Crispy Fried Chicken Tender Crispers (crunchiest ever)
- How to Make Crispy Shallow-Fried Chicken Breast Cutlets (Cotoletta di Pollo)
- Best Ever Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad (w/Homemade Caesar Dressing & Parmesan Croutons)
- A Better Homemade Turkey Pot Pie (The Ultimate Pot Pie Recipe)
- Easy Turkey Tinga Tacos (A Perfect Way to Use Up Leftover Turkey)
- Maggie’s Famous Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
- Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (With a Ramen Twist)
Let’s get started!Print